Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows library patrons to borrow books, copies of journal articles, and other types of material that are not available in the SKCTC library. Please discuss your information needs with a librarian; we may be able to find an alternate resource that will satisfy your needs. The ILL policies are based on the Interlibrary Loan code of the American Library Association, copyright law, and the regulations of individual lending institutions.
Interlibrary Loan Procedure:
1. Ask for an ILL form at the Circulation Desk or submit an online form.
2. Fill out the form completely, including patron and bibliographic information. A separate form is needed for each item.
3. It is the patron's responsibility to check with the Circulation Desk to see if the item has arrived.
4. Items must be returned on or before the due date to the Circulation Desk.
5. Renewals are made at the discretion of the lending institution.
Interlibrary Loan Policies:
1. Only five (5) requests per student per day will be processed.
2. Requests will not be accepted via telephone.
3. Patrons who lose or damage items are responsible for paying fines and fees charged by the lending institution.
4. The following materials will not be ordered:
The amount of time needed to receive ordered materials varies. When an item is requested, there is no guarantee the item will be available for loan or that it will be received in an expedient manner. Our services are dependent upon other institutions' workloads and other conditions beyond our control.
If a patron abuses the ILL service, i.e. does not return items, returns items after an excessive amount of time, does not pay replacement costs for lost items, ILL privileges will be revoked indefinitely.